Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tell Me

* This has been updated. 7/19/10



( This is a play I wrote in 7th grade. It's pretty old, this isn't the beginning and this isn't the ending. Tell me what you guys think about this, and I would gladly post the rest = ] )




Tell Me
By Monayzia Taylor



Character List



Kyra .... 10th grader

Jason ... Her friend

Cassy ... Her best friend

Madison ... Her antagonist

Malynda ... Madison's friend

Grace ... Madison's Friend

Lynn ... Kyra's foster mom






(Before she knew it, Lynn's hand falls so fast across Kyra's face. The next day at school, everyone wonders what was on Kyra's face. And once again, in the darkest lie, she made up a story of how she ran into the door. Many teachers worried about Kyra, tried to get her to open up and tell what's wrong but nothing could get Kyra to do that.)




Cassy



Girl, what happen to you?




Kyra



Nothing it's nothing. I don't want to talk about it.





Cassy



Why are you always actin' like this? You're so stubborn. No wonder why Jason doesn't like like you!



Kyra



What!?!







(Kyra slams her fork down as hard as she can and pushes her plate. She runs into the bathroom. She doesn't realize it, but her face is red and tears are falling from her eyes. Cassy runs after her.)





Cassy



Look, I don't know what's going on with you, but whatever it is, you can tell me.





(Kyra opens the door to let Cassy in. She Knows Cassy will be there no matter what.)




Kyra



My mom died when I was four years old.




Cassy



I'm sorry ... really.





(Long Pause)



Cassy




So you live with your dad?



Kyra




No, I don't know who my dad is. I live in a foster home and I get beat like crazy! None of my family members live around here in this area. I never have a chance to speak because if I ever talk back to "Lynn" this is what will happen (points to her bruised eye). And Thank GOD for uniforms, because without them I would wear the same torn up clothes forever, and I ain't kidding. That's why I never go to sleepovers or movies or wh-whatever you girls do, because I have to stay home in a cold, dark room all my life! And I don't try to open up to anyone because no one listens! U G H, Cassy, I'm strong . STRONG! I had to grow up before my eyes, I take the the pain. I don't waste my time trying to tell anyone because I'm tired of being moved from home to home to home to HOME! As bad as I want to move from that place, I can't. I love this school, I mean look at me .... I'm just hopeless Cassy.








Cassy




Wow, why didn't you tell me. You're my best best friend, I would never look bad of you. You're beau ' TEE ' ful, and shouldn't have to go through this pain. You're no where near hopeless. Look at us, we both come from the same place, we were known as the "ghetto" girls. When you moved I had no clue your mom died. You covered it up very well for a four year old.




Kyra




Yeah, its whatever. You have to promise me that you won't say anything to anyone!




Cassy




Gosh girl, chillll-llaaxx!! "I promise". Now let's go. You have to eat something.




(Madison Enters)




Madison




Oh, well well well, would you look who it is?!




Cassy




God Madison, "Shut up!" And move out of our way.




Madison




Why are you consistently speaking for her Cassy? How about you shut up.




Cassy




OR WHAT ?!




(moving closer to Madison)




Madison




Why are you so close, what .... you wanna fight?!




Kyra




No, she doesn't want to fight you Madison, GOD what happen to us we use to be the best of friends all three of us, what happen? .......... Oh, so I see you don't want to speak now. HA! (Shaking her head) You see Madison Or is it "Madi" it's girls like you that I laugh at. You walk around here like you're better than us, all of us. Changing your name, having girls follow you. Every since your mom got married to that- that rich guy you think you better than us. Walking around here with ' cha Gucci and Prada. 'Cause if I last remembered all three of us would sit on that porch, laugh, run, play with anything we could find, bugs, leaves, rocks, because we were way too poor to have toys. What makes you different than us?!




Madison




I asked myself that same question, however, I should ask you because if you haven't forgotten YOU were the one who left!




Cassy




You little' .....




Kyra




Ahhhh. Ahha, see Cassy don't even bother saying anything to her. Lets go.




(stepping out into the hallway Madison follows)




Madison




Whatever, Whatever, Whatever. I don't have time for you guys anyway.




(Jason approaches. He has been listening from down the hall)




Jason




Madison, you're full of yourself. Kyra are you okay?




Cassy




Yea, she's fine Jason now leave her alone.




Jason




Ugh! I asked Kyra not her lame sidekick.




Cassy




OHHH, see church boy you went TOO far.




Kyra




Yea, I'm fine Jason, now can you please move out of our way.




Jason




Yeah sure.




Cassy




Gosh girl, who he think he is? One minute he's all like "whateva" then the next he's like "oh Kyra" . Pssssh, if I were you I WOULD TELL'EM ABOUT HIMSELF!




Kyra




Why do you talk like that?




Cassy




(stopped and looked her)




Like what, don't tell me you changing on me too.




Kyra




No, I'm not changing on you, it's just you're so rough and some of your words are mean.




Cassy




So it's like that Kyra, I though you were my best friend.




Kyra




Cass' shut up please, I'm telling you this because you ARE my best friend. You better be glad I told you, rather that to hear it from someone else ...




Cassy




Yeah. I'm sorry ... it's just lately I feel as if I have to protect myself a lot lately.




Kyra




Go figure Cassy. I know what'cha mean.




(Jason comes running up)




Jason




Yea, um Kyra, are you okay?




Cassy




You think this is some kind of joke? Just leave her alone Jason.




Jason




No, I don't think this is a joke so back out my face. I'm pretty sure Kyra could peak for her self.


(Cassy slowly backed away and gave Kyra one of those, "are you going to be okay" looks. Kyra laughed)


Kyra


Yes, I'll be fine.






















2 comments:

  1. Monayzia,

    This is great! I want to read the rest. Keep up the good work!

    Miss Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is a great beginning, I want to see where the story goes. I like the tension you already set up with all the characters. I think it'd be cool, as you write more scenes, to give Madison and Lynn some positive qualities as well, so that the reader's feelings towards the characters become even more complex. Great start!

    ReplyDelete